Monday 20 February 2012

Present Cakes and Teddy Cake


Here are a few photos from my eldest charge's most recent birthday. The teddy bear cake was the cake orginally intended for P's party, the present cakes were an addition brought on by P's mum knocking on my door at 8pm asking very politely (and slightly panicked) if I would mind creating a cake for P's other party (at 9 am the next day). I must admit I'm quite proud of the present cakes, although ~I would have liked to spend a little more time making them look perfect. 





Chocolate cake covered in vanilla buttercream and coloured sugarpaste. As you can probably  see from this photo, the stripes are not quite as neat as I would have liked, but the little square shapes make very effective presents.

I saw a bow on a cake in a shop and thought I would have a go at making one myself, a lot simpler than I thought and a very pretty addition. The label is simply white sugarpaste and black writing icing.

I'm not 100% happy with this teddy bear, I found it very frustrating to complete as the proportions never seemed quite right. P and F both said they liked the face though! The bow was a ribbon the P wanted on the cake somehow.

Chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream and chocolate flavoured fondant for the cake. The little teddy was made out of modelling chocolate. He looks a little squished here as he had started melt under the lights in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know!