Sunday 19 February 2012

Castle Cake



Well hello everyone! There is a first time for everything, and me attempting to be computer literate is one of them. And as such I thought that the first time I blogged, I ought to show you the first really fun cake that I baked. The cake that got me hooked - on decorating, I have to admit I'm not a fan of cake myself, but they sure are good to have fun with!


So here it is, from start to finish. A fairy princess castle cake made for a very excited 5 year old boy!


Step one: Make amazing chocolate cake, fill and cover with vanilla buttercream.

Cover with white fondant icing, use a skewer to make  straight indentations to look like bricks.  The turrets are made out of gumpaste, ice-cream cones to top! I used mini-marshmallows to make the battlements. The windows are made out of black fondant icing, and the doors out of modelling chocolate.


TADA!!!!! There you have it. How could you not be hooked on making cakes after that? Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll manage to upload the photos of some of the more interesting cakes I've made since then, and maybe even a few recipes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know!